Tuesday, January 4, 2011

40 minutes, 16 in brooks, 24 in vibrams

Run with Val today.
So, I started out todays run very sore and tight, mostly because of the sprinting workout that I did yesterday. I decided that last time I changed into my brooks halfway through a run it was a very awkward transition. This time I decided that I would start in my Brooks and change into my Bikilas. The first half of the run went alright, we ran 2.31 miles in 16:50, giving us a 7:17 mile pace. Nothing to complain about on this first half, I began to loosen up around halfway through and the rest of the run was virtually painless on my muscles. The second half of the run (in my vibrams) was 3.12 miles in 23:10, giving us a 7:25 pace. This half of the run went very well, however the transition was a little rough, I was trying to run heel to toe in my vibrams, something that should never be done. After a few minutes however, I began running with "proper barefoot form". Unfortunately I am more sore than I was before the distance run so tomorrows big sprinting workout may have to wait. I'll see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment