Friday, January 14, 2011

Potential injury update.

No run today, as I said I'm taking every day up to the 19th off. That being said, I'm trying to wear my Vibrams out and around more to strengthen my feet. I think part of the problem was that I was going from close to barefoot to high support Brooks shoes depending on the day. Today I wore my bikilas on some shopping errands (grocery store, walmart, dick's sporting goods) and my feet didn't hurt at all. That being said, when I woke up this morning I could feel a very faint pain in the top of my foot, but it soon went away as I began to walk downstairs. Still, I'm not sure if this is an injury (which would be bad, but unlikely, seeing as track starts in 5 days) or just an instance of my feet trying and failing to get stronger. Still, I felt no pain during my errands and we were out for about 3.5 hours. I take this as a good sign. I'm driving back up to school on sunday and when I get there I *might* take a ten minute  slow jog in my vibrams just to stretch my legs out...and to see how bad this pain really is. I honestly hope that its just a twinge that will pass in time, I enjoy running in my bikilas much more then I do in my brooks, but more importantly, I don't want to miss my track season. I'll keep you guys posted.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. I just decided to do a slow jog around the court on the street that I live on. No pain at all, however, i was only jogging for about 1:30 to about 2:00 so I dont know if thats really an indicator of anything...I feel like if it was a stress fracture..or even the start of a stress fracture it would hurt even for a little bit of running...or even a lot of walking

    ReplyDelete