Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thursday's Workout 10x200s

Originally, this workout was supposed to be 8x200, with each set being under 32 seconds. My goal was to get them all done in 30 seconds or under. However, during this workout I was not very consistent. My times ranged from 27 seconds(my fastest) to 31 seconds (this one was after I ran the  first 27). The average time of the entire workout was 29 seconds, which is fine with me. I think I am going to set my goal workout pace for this track season at 26-27 seconds consistently. This would put my 200 splits at 2 seconds slower then the pace of my high school pr in the 400. I feel like I can accomplish this goal by mid season, which would benefit my 400 time considerably. All in all, it was a great workout, I felt really good about it, so I threw in 2 extra runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment