Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fastest run...ever.

Today I didn't have a lot of time to devote to running, so I decided to take this run fast. I wore my vibrams for the entire run, and besides some numb toes, I am very happy with my performance. My route was a mixture of rolling hills and one big half mile long hill that I ran up and down. All in all, the route was only about 3.65 miles, however, I ran it in 24:30. That means that I was running at a 6:42 pace, making this my fastest distance run.....ever. The awesome thing is that I feel like I could have kept this pace up for at least another mile or two. Physically, the run was great, my lungs didn't hurt at all, even though it was around 30 degrees with a wind chill. My muscles didn't hurt any worse then they usually do on my runs. However, I did notice once again a slight pain on the top of my left foot. I think that I can attribute this to not running in the vibrams at all last week and since it doesn't hurt after the run, I don't think it will be a problem. Hopefully I will have another run tomorrow....and (hopefully) my body will allow me to run it slower!

No comments:

Post a Comment