Thursday, December 30, 2010

2nd run 12/30/10

After removing said splinter we started out running again. This time we went for 3.5 miles and we completed this in around 27 minutes, leaving us with a 7:42 pace. I have to say, my body was confused when I started to run in my brooks. I kept trying to run like I was barefoot. Eventually, the old "heel to toe" form came back and I began to notice something that I had always taken for granted. I realized that when I run in trainers, I have much more limited motion in my legs then when I run in my vibrams. By the middle of the run I could actually feel the range of motion that my legs had been doing for the 1st half of the run. This was about 15 minutes in and in comparison I felt no such tension in my legs from the vibrams. Also, I noticed that when I run in the vibrams I tend to take shorter strides and my feet are more "under" my body then when I run in my brooks adrenalines. I have to say I think I find the vibram style a little more comfortable, but that may change. All in all, either way gets the job done, whether you run in trainers or vibrams is up to you, I just like the feel of the vibrams better.
PS. the total of both of the runs would have been 5.58 miles in 42:37 which would be around a 7:38 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment