Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some other things I would like to comment on

Unfortunately I did not have a chance to run today. I had to watch my little brother. However there are still a few things that I would like to comment on.
When I woke up this morning and as I started walking downstairs It felt like my entire foot was.....stretching...for lack of a better word. It just felt like the muscles in my foot were relaxing. It was a very odd feeling. Maybe it has to do with the vibrams and maybe not. Also, I can't believe I haven't commented on this before: vibrams are not the best cold weather running shoe. When you wear the shoes it is not recommended that you wear socks with them so basically all thats between you and the cold air is a thin rubber sole and some under armor like material. I was wearing them outside with my brother and after 30 minutes I decided to change into my brooks. Its not as noticeable during runs because of the body heat generated from physical activity
One more thing I would like to comment on: when I wear the shoes I tend to get a small pain in the joint where my second toe connects to the foot. However if I take the shoes off and crack my toe (effectively relieving the stress I believe) The pain does not return (it also works itself out after about a minute of running)
I still believe the 5 fingers are a very comfortable shoe, and if the training aspect doesn't work out with them I would still wear a pair around the house or for other activities, but so far training has been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment