Monday, December 27, 2010

Second Run in vibrams

Freezing cold today. I didn't get a chance to run before 5 so it was about 20 degrees when I started. Today I went for 13:28 in the vibrams. In this time I covered 1.82 miles, leaving me with a decent 7:23 mile pace. I have to say, cold weather does terrible things to my body. I had cramps everywhere during the entire run. As far as feel goes, the shoes felt pretty much the same as they did yesterday. Since it was getting dark, I decided that I would only run up and down my street about 10 times. This meant I had to run more on asphalt then on grass. The beginning of my run went much better today. My body seemed to remember that It shouldn't go heel to toe in these shoes and there was no painful pounding of the heels. However, by the 7th lap of my street I did notice a dull ache on the top of my right foot, as well as a very very small ache on the bottom of my heel. I think I can attribute both of these aches to the frozen ground-the grass was almost painful to run on, and the fact that I think that I pulled the top strap of the shoes a little too tight. All in all, for my cardiovascular system the run was miserable. For my muscular and skeletal system it was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment