Sunday, December 26, 2010

Second Run Today and follow up on Vibram Run

My second run today had to be cut short by the weather. In this run I used the brooks adrenaline  exclusively, as I said I am only running in the vibrams once a day for no more then 15 minutes. Anyway. This run was worse. Originally planned to be 45 minutes, this run ended up covering 2.15 miles in 18:49...giving an 8:40 pace. This is absolutely a terrible and unacceptable pace for me. However, i do admit the the elements of nature played a part in this slow time.
 After my vibram run at around 12 this afternoon I noticed that my legs felt fine, there was only a slight soreness in the arches of my feet which quickly went away after about 5 minutes (literally). Other then that, It was one of the most pain free "post runs" that I have ever had.
    On the other hand, the run later today (brooks adrenaline) was terrible afterwards. My knees hurt and my shins felt a little sore...and I didn't even run for that long or that fast. I guess only time will tell if it was just a coincidence that I didn't hurt after my vibram run, or if the shoes are actually helping my shins and knees.
I am planning on having another 15 minute vibram run and a 40 minute "normal" run tomorrow, weather permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment